Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy April Fool's Day

Mark Twain has a quote, "This is the day upon which we are reminded what we are the other 364 days of the year."  I had to laugh at that one.  The kids and I love to play those little pranks on each other on this day.  Nothing big like salt in the sugar container or anything.  Just things like, "Hey your zipper is down."

Perhaps today is the day to remind us to pray for wisdom.  It's one thing to intentionally play foolish jokes on one another, but it is another to truly feel foolish because of something we may have said or done.  I warn my children of this often, to think before they do or say something.  Sometimes it has to do with schoolwork.  If they would slow down, they would see their mistakes and be able to correct them themselves.  Sometimes it has to do with interactions with their siblings or friends - - like if you would have thought about what you said or did beforehand, you would have realized that it would upset so and so.  But how many times have I caught myself in the same situaton - - saying or doing something for no real reason, causing perhaps unintended harm.  And so, today, I am praying for wisdom - and the chance to catch my more astute children in a little foolish prank!

God Bless,
Jennifer

PS - - I am almost done with the Jerusalem scene.  Pictures are posted under "Sacred Play Spaces."  My next project is to create some town folk and perhaps get started on a "Way of the Cross".

No comments:

Post a Comment