Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Crocheted Dolls

St. Therese, The Little Flower
Pattern by KnitTogether Designs

At Christmastime, my sister-in-law asked if I could crochet a St. Therese doll for one of my nieces.  She had purchased the pattern from Amy at Knit Together Designs.  I had completed the St. Therese doll and thought it would be great to make the St. Elizabeth and St. Margaret dolls that Amy has on her site.  
St. Elizabeth of Hungary
Pattern by KnitTogether Designs
Here you can see St. Elizabeth of Hungary - - complete with crown! My doll turned out a little wider than Amy's, but in talking with her, she said she crochets a bit more tightly - - which means that I would have had to reduce my hook size since I crochet a little more loosely. Amy has since added Fatima dolls and the Holy Family to her design line. Once I finish St. Margaret, I am eagerly looking forward to making the others. She also has St. Francis and St. Anthony.  Be sure to check out her site at Knit Together Designs.  I am sure these dolls will bless any child! 

God Bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment