Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What a day!

My husband thanked me at the end of the day yesterday.  It wasn't anything in particular that I, or we did.  I think it is more what we didn't do.  For the most part, we were all home.  We did a bit of work (note the bed in the previous posting), but we spent a lot of time playing.  Dave and the kids swam in the pool, rested, cooked on the grill and ended the day in front of our outdoor fireplace making smores, drinking a beer.  He said it was probably one of the more enjoyable days he has had.  Great weather helped to some extent, but I also think the relaxing time, of having a clear schedule (yes, there is plenty to be done, but yesterday wasn't the day to do it), and just having everyone home was pleasing to him. 

I have to remember to plan for more days like this, where we focus not on the things that need to be done, but on each other, enjoying each other and playing around. 

Hope you all had a Happy Memorial Day!
God Bless,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment