Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Our Trays Came Today!


Our trays came today!  I ordered them from Discount School Supply, along with some play dough tools.  I am so excited about them.  The only drawback is that they do not fit a standard sheet of paper, but other than that, they fit the shelves well.  Perhaps I will cut some down to the right size so that they fit on the tray nicely.

I also repurposed some plastic drawer thingies for storing supplies and materials.  I am sure it won't be enough, but hopefully I will be able to keep it to a minimum!  I am trying to use a lot of what I already have - - lacing beads, latch board, stamps, craft items, small toys, etc.  To find "a" items for the sensory tub, I just searched through the house - - little toys and things that I had on hand that could go in. 

I am working on a "transportation" theme for Daniel's Tot Trays and Sensory Bins.  He loves trains and cars.  Inspired by Counting Coconuts, who used black beans and river rocks in the tub, I am not sure.  I was thinking that I could probably color the rice brown or something.  I could use some dry pinto beans for the rocks.  I will probably put in some little cars, tires (Lego), helicopters, etc.)  I was thinking of also **gulp** of providing a water tub to explore floating boats.  Of course, this would have to be under supervision, and will probably teach clean up, as well.  I found a vehicles stamp set (Melissa and Doug), some transportation 3 part cards (Montessori for Everyone) and a Vehicles matching set (Montessori Printshop).  I also have the Do-A-Dot Art book for Trucks. 

I think I am the one having too much fun!

God Bless,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment