Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A word about crocheting . . .

As I mentioned, I learned how to crochet. I am in the midst of crocheting a bunch of granny squares to make a larger blanket and I have done a baby blanket in cotton yarn in double stitch. I think I am going to try to put a picot edging on the baby blanket to give it a more finished look.

Two resources I found that really helped are DVD's that I purchased at JoAnn's. One is called "I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting" and the other is called "Crochet Stitches in Motion". Both show how the stitches are done and have some projects you can try. Both were very helpful. Once I get the blankets completed, I will post pictures of them.

On a side note, I had previously purchased "The Art of Knitting 4 Kids". On this video, it starts out with a seven-year old teaching some basics. Needless to say, I couldn't get it. Perhaps I just didn't have enough patience at the time. I have shelved it for now and will try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment