Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Our Lady of Lourdes Feast Day

We had such a wonderful time this weekend with some dear friends at a "Our Lady of Lourdes" Feast Day Tea.  If you are familiar with Jessica over at Shower of Roses, then you know that at a Feast Day Tea, you try to come up with some menu items that represent something about the feast day.  So, first thing on Saturday morning, I needed to paint Our Lady of Lourdes and little Saint Bernadette.

After that, I started baking some sugar cookies.  I didn't roll them out, but instead dropped them, baked them, and put a little blue icing on them.  These cookies represented the spring at the Grotto.


Then I made dough for breadsticks.  I figured that St. Bernadette's father was a miller, so bread would be a good inclusion for our "tea."

After that I started making Rice Krispy treats to make a grotto.  I think I was a little overzealous with the Rice Krispies because I added the whole box rather than measure.  It seemed okay at first, until I tried putting together the grotto.  My first attempt started to collapse right away.  My second building collapsed while I was showering.  I needed to have the grotto, since it was to be the centerpiece of the tea!  On the way to my friend's house, I picked up some more marshmallows and Rice Krispies, and my friend and I made another batch, taking care not to add too much cereal.  We allowed it to cool and then cut the treats into "bricks" and built the grotto that way.  It came out pretty well considering my previous attempts. 

Our Finished Grotto! Yeah!
Thanks to our friends for a wonderful time!  We ended up staying longer than we had planned and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

God Bless,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment